An internist is the specialist in adult healthcare.
This includes preventive care and the management of chronic illness.
Preventive care: screening for the common things that affect your demographic (age, gender, lifestyle, etc.)
- cholesterol, diabetes, blood pressure screening.
- cancer screening (colon, breast or prostate, lung, skin, cervical cancer, etc.)
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Mental Health screening
- vaccination recommendations
Management of chronic illness.
If you have an illness - then it needs to be managed.
The most common things we treat are:
- obesity and associated illnesses (like diabetes, cholesterol, musculoskeletal pain, respiratory issues, etc...)
- arthritis (several different types)
- infections (of skin, urine, lungs and respiratory system, etc.)
- mental health (depression, anxiety, bipolarity, paranoias, insomnia, etc.)
- heart disease (coronary artery atherosclerosis, arrhythmias, palpitations, dizzines, etc.)
We can help fill out paperwork needed by employers, schools, etc...
Give us a call if you have a specific need.